Monday, February 1, 2010

day 30-& 31Put another candle on his birthday cake...day 31...reality check

Happy Happy 21st birthday to my son Adam. I had the pleasure of spending the evening with him, just us 2...That was so meaningful for me. I often feel like the parent my younger sons are obliged to spent time with. I am sure that is totally 'my' insecurity and not their reality. Anyway, prior to Christmas, Adam called me and told me Eddie Izzard was performing in town. He presented me with a proposition that he would get me a ticket for my December birthday and then I would in turn give him a ticket for his January birthday. Great plan Adam! I spread the word among his other brothers and Jeremy and Joshua jumped on board. Other than some cash or a video game, they are at a loss to get anything special for Adam. I shopped eBay and scored some great tickets.

I took Adam to eat baby back ribs at Tony Romas...where we had dessert first, a hot fudge brownie sundae. Off to the Nokia to see Eddie where we laughed till we cried. It was a wonderful way to celebrate his birthday.

















day 31, The Sunday paper had one of my favorite comic strip characters, Jeremy or Zits, wishing his mom would stop starring at him like that! It was exactly the way I looked at Adam the night before as I realized he was a man. How many moms out there get this same de' ja vu...














day 32...
my beautiful baby girl in her new dress. Here wardrobe is much grander than mine. I love this little doggie so much. She provides me with endless joy. Thank you Aly Claire for being wonderful therapy for your silly mommy!

1 comment:

  1. Such a pretty girl. How can you help but be a silly mommy when you have a pretty girl like her.

    ReplyDelete