Wednesday, January 27, 2010

days 23, 24, 25, 26...the days run together anymore















day 23....
I snapped this literally as I was driving home...a break in the rain...look at this beautiful sky. Grabbed the camera from my purse and snapped over and over as I drove. I have a real connection with clouds. I enjoy them, gaze at them and photograph them often. The patterns, the colors and the textures of clouds just transfix me soul. Cheezy but true!

day 24...


















This is my cute little British hubby, Nigel...how British is that? He has the most incredible blue eyes which he has passed down to his Grand daughters! We just celebrated our 6th anniversary this month. Presently, we are sort of like ships that pass in the night, or early afternoon as it were. I work days and he works midday to midnight. Since I went back to college, we haven't had much opportunity to hang out together. I miss the companionship but I suppose someday we will be sitting in rocking chairs with nothing to do but sit together!!!

day 25...














This is the tree in our quad at school/work. It really tells of the seasons and I appreciate that living in Southern California. The sun was peeking through the bare branches, the clear blue sky and a smattering of clouds made for a beautiful backdrop to the afternoon. The air was crisp and cool but a nice change from all of the rain we have 'enjoyed'.


day 26....

















So this is me...boy am I showing my age...damn it! I am fighting it with every fiber of my being. Currently letting my usually short hair grow out. I am planning on cutting it when my youngest son graduates high school in May. Hopefully it will be long enough (10 inches) to donate to Locks of Love. If it is not...I will wait for a few more months until it is. That was my original goal but I though it would be sort of a passage of my new station in life, all boys technically grown and out of the nest. Cutting my hair as a symbol of cutting the apron strings...but never, never the heart strings.

4 comments:

  1. I love your longer hair. Hugs to you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heart strings can't be cut because they are not strings but cables of the strongest and most durable fabric ever and will never be duplicated.

    Love all your pictures, especially the one of you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That photo of the clouds is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cloud picture is beautiful. I love looking at clouds and taking pictures of them too.
    I hope I won't have to cut the heart strings ever. :)

    ReplyDelete